Monday, August 07, 2006

Today I'm going to start another long haul push

By the above headline, I mean I'll really try to make a success of this blog, I'll try to develop it into a journal and review that is well above the common standard. What will I have to do to achieve this? This is one question I'll have to answer as I work daily and nightly, not only on this but on the poetry and short story submissions which I hope to make part of my career development and achievement.

Resting to my left is a guide to London. Sooner or later we'll be passing through there, very likely looking for work as well as abode. I'd prefer to live in Wales or North Ireland, maybe Donegal. But we'll see.

On our vocabulary today we've got

Names of pecan varieties:

Moreland
Forkert
Ivy
Pignuts

I had thought of applying for work to Tim Tarver, at the place south side of town with the Scottish terrier logos.

Arabic word for today is "leemadha," "why?"

If someone would be willing to trade their back issues of the Three Penny Review, say, with my old issues of Harper's, this would be helpful. I can't afford all these literary and poetry journals.

Passing B Matthiew's Bakery and Eatery the other day, I saw it was open again. It had been closed down early one other day, late winter. I'm glad to see it open.

I'm making a push also to finish Cancer Ward, by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn. It's been on my "to read" list for a few years, I think since returning from Iraq in July 2003.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home