Thursday, February 02, 2006

The nth fresh start: Ground Hog Day 2006

Good day, I'm jean-pierre, your old servant and roving poet. I started to write "blogger," but that's not quite true, if you look at the desultory posting, which is rather pathetic. So I have felt. Time to stop feeling sorry for myself, to be dwelling in post-traumatic misery, and really take charge of my recovery. To the extent that I can, realizing, of course, that I'm powerless over my addictions, my disease, the aging process, in short so many things which are part of life. As the character in Jurassic Park said, "Life will find a way."

My own memory of Step One of the Twelve Steps, I will try to recite: I come to understand and accept that I am totally powerless to my alcoholism (addiction). Now there is something else, but I don't remember it. Time to check, so I open another tab on my browser and use a search engine. O.K. alcoholism.about.com/ reads thusly:

When we became members of A.A., we admitted that we were powerless over alcohol and that our lives had become unmanageable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home