Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Iraqi War: OIF, Operation Enduring Freedom, and Celtic Blessings

As we emerge from the Saturnalic holy daze toward the Epiphany, I issue for all good people, a Blessing of Protection:

To Christ the Seed,
__To Christ th harvest:
____To the barn of Christ
_____May we be brought.

______To Christ the Sea,
________To Chris the fish:
______In the nets of Christ:
_____________May we be caught.

______________From birth to age,
_________________From age to death:
______________Your two arms, Christ,
______________About us safe.

________________From death to ending
__________________Not ended but regrown:
________________In the paradise of grace
____________________May we be transplanted.

Excerpted from a Traditional Irish Hymn translated by Caitlin Matthews. The Little Book of Celtic Blessings. 1994. Shaftesbury, Dorset, England: Element Books Limited

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:07:00 PM, Blogger Joe said...

hello, jean-pierre. this is JRShaw (also known on notpoetry as editorinchimp). from the looks of your list, you're busier than i am. when you get a moment, lemme know what you had in mind for a dialogue and submissions to this magazine. thanks again and take care.

 
At Thursday, February 02, 2006 9:17:00 AM, Blogger jean-pierre said...

Hello, JR Shaw!

This morning I do happen to be busy, ha ha! Already, I've been on the phone to the Chairman of the County Commission regarding the animal control problem, got a call from a coordinator to go in to sub for an elementary school teacher, and contacted my neighbour, Paintbrush, whom I take to his sign painting job.

I'll think on this and how I'll word my message to you later today. I wish you a good one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home