Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A story told through in i.m.: The SWAT bust

Something like that did happen once to me, when i was visiting some friends in a public housing unit. They had another friend, a local guy, visiting them. (These were poor white people, outside of Bangor). While I was relaxing and talking with the oldest son, in a lawn chair in front of the house, the SWAT Team moved in. They had me on my stomach, face to the concrete, for a while, with a German shepherd guarding me while the rest of the team moved in. They really scared the children. The guy, it turned out, was a street distributor, but the family claimed not to know. I kind of believed them. I was not taken in, since the SWAT guys liked my Alaska driver licence (it was real--I was just visiting from out of town).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home