Sunday, June 05, 2005

Fellow blogger from Massachussetts suggests this game

Here's something ang from Cambridge found on another blog. You may also want to try this:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.
5. Don’t search around and look for the “coolest” book you can find. Do what’s actually next to you.


So I followed suite:

"Where are his arms and armor, where are his horses?"

From "the Iliad" of Homer, translated by W.H.D. Rouse.

the paperback was lying within reach to my 11 o'clock position. I could have reached to the 3 o'clock to get Ulysses by Joyce, but that one was hidden under and within a newspaper, having been left out by accident in the rain Thursday night.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 08, 2005 8:22:00 PM, Anonymous Nanon said...

My book was also at 11 oClock, at the top of a small pile, it ran thus:

"Indeed, what I have done
is suffering rather than doing, if I were to tell you
the story of both my parents, which makes you dead me."

I bet you can guess what it is from...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home