Monday, April 04, 2005

Truth and the consequences

I suppose I might have been presenting a more professional, polished web log here. I've been considering what makes for a successful blog. Some of the ones that impress me, not that I think of it, have very little of the personal in them. They are elegant, offer a variety or a good number of links, have fine photos or flashy illustrations.

I have chosen to use this web log to share more personal moments. But does this make me more vulnerable? Undoubtedly. However, I was hoping that as I persevere in life, in my endeavours, that I might offer some insight which will help others to also overcome obstacles which present themselves. Is this arrogant of me? Perhaps so. Yet I feel G-d, Allah, whatever you want to call the Creator, wills me to share of my life, in my role as an artist and writer.

But enough about me. As the week gets underway, let's take a look at some of the unfolding stories in the world: the Pope's death and the question of who will be his successor, the response to the earthquake in Indonesia, our efforts to over-haul or repair Social Security, the matter of what to do or not to do in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, and --in today's Washington Post--the move to decrease farm subsidies in the U.S.

I haven't kept up a current commentary to these issues lately, what with our computer crash, my looking for work, taking care of my little son, Altgeld, and my own struggle against depression. However, I will not stop trying, and I hope to interest each and every one of you in at least one issue, something which you can do to help your little corner of the world be a better place.

Now, it is approaching the time for me to load up the truck or car and go to the big city to attend some training for my communications officer career. May Allah bless my efforts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home