Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Playing backgammon & listening to Chinese

Am playing some self-ratled expert, who is actually pretty good. Have been at lunch at my house for almost an hour. My eyes shift right and up to the window. Looks like it's going to rain.

I won this match, 3-1. Time to walk back over to finish the pruning.

Another thought on the New Year. China Page tells us that this now is the year 4702. Since what event, I wonder?

"It was a Leap Year! Unlike the western calendar, where one extra day is added in February, one whole leap month is added in a Chinese Leap Year.

Just think. If you get paid by the month, instead of working an extra day for nothing, you would get an extra month's pay !!!

This time around, the Leap Month comes after the regular 2-nd Month. The "Leap Second Month" begins on March 21, 2004. Read more about this here And here."

I'll have to find out about that event later. Yaupon and crepe myrtle await me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home