Thursday, January 27, 2005

Reading from some World War II history

When I came back from my night class, my page from BBC on the Leningrad siege was still up. I read that, and then clicked on a link to a page of testimony by a British sailor or naval officer who travelled near the coast of Russia.

As I researched and wrote this, I was listening to both classical European music on NPR and news from a different NPR affiliate, KLCC, a college radio station in Eugene, Oregon. Also, I began playing backgammon, which I'm still doing almost an hour after I began the reading leading to this.

My wife has got me drinking and liking bush tea. She started brewing and drinking it after reading Alexander McCall Smith's novels about a womyn detective, Mma Precious Ramotswe, who sets up her agency in a town in Botswana. Had to come back and edit this ten or fifteen minutes later, after finding and reading some pages from the Mail & Guardian from either Zaire or South Africa.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home