Wednesday, January 05, 2005

"Do you speak American?"

I just got out of the kitchen from watching a documentary titled "Do You Speak American?" which aired on PBS from 20:00 till 22:00. I think its producers were some of the same folks who did the History of the English Language film some twenty years ago.

This film tonight depicted the growth and variety of the dialects of English spoken in America, or the United States of America, today. Languagehat wrote an entry in his linguistical and philological web log. When I get back from the Reidsville Book Club tomorrow, I'll take a look at the PBS website. Today and for the next two days I'll be substituting for a sixth grade math teacher, for eight hours a day, so this week will finish up busy.

I'll post this now, and will probably come revise and edit it later. Would like to get this bait in the cyberspacial waters now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home