Saturday, December 11, 2004

Learning Spanish as a family

The kids, Wilma, and I sat on the morning of the 4th of December, before I drove away to my most recent drill, at the table at breakfast, before the sun rose, learning and practising Spanish vocabulary. Baroque horn music is played in the next room, from the radio in the corner. A quarter of the Seattle Symphony played a piece for horn and violin by Bach.

Some nights before the kids go to bed, I read to them a book in Spanish or in German. There's a very nice book with Spanish vocabulary which Annie Franck is looking at right now.

If I had had to pick a word for tonight, it would have been la tapa de registros(manhole cover). Maybe for tomorrow it will be.... lechuza! another word for buho, tecolote (owl).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home