Tuesday, October 05, 2004

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field."
---Jesus, from Matthew 13, v. 44

Last week, during a visit to the Public Library of Vidalia, I found and checked out the Penguin Homer's Iliad, recorded on cassette tapes by the actor Derek Jacobi and Maria Tucci. It's from the translation by Robert Fagles. I was delighted to find them, and am very content to listen to them.

Speaking of listening, this morning I listened again to Serenade for Strings by Tchaikowsky. I must give it another very attentive listen. Yesterday, while driving to my pedagogy class at Brewton Parker, I listened to El Amor Brujo, by Manuel de Falla. That too should merit a closer listen.

I'm supposed to adjust a lesson plan of mine for gifted children, to turn in for the above-mentioned class, which is titled Exceptional Children in the Classroom, taught by Professor Nora Harper. And the observation sheet for the classes I've observed is overdue.
So as soon as this is posted, it's "nose to the grindstone."

In the mail here today: Congressman Jack Kingston sent me a letter thanking me for contacting him regarding H.R. 2844, the Continuity in Representation Act of 2004. The bill passed in the House on 22 April of this year, and is now up for consideration by the Senate.

Habitat for Humanity has sent me another letter, with a pin in the shape of a little house, asking for funds. Worthy cause indeed! If only I were a millionaire! As it is, I might find some nickels and dimes, and scrape some more together to send them a check or money order.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home