Saturday, May 22, 2004

Within an hour I have to be at the consoles of my radios, telephones, and computers. I'll be committed to monitoring them, and as my colleague from the next county northwest said, to keeping "the boys" (and "girl"--though they are men and women police officers). I see this as community service; I could make better pay elsewhere, e.g. just go back to active duty military. But I want to be close to my family and my neighbors. This is my town, this is my county. I love them, because I am that way, just full of love, "my cup overfloweth."

I guess that's what keeps me going.

Reading an op-ed essay by E.J. Dionne, Jr. in the Washington Post Weekly Edition. "Kerry and His Church." ..."John F.Kerry is facing resistance to his effort to become the nation's second Roman Catholic president because, in the eyes of some of his Catholic critics, church teaching does not have enough influence on how he would govern--especially on the matter of abortion."

And now for a quick shower and to fast-walk to work. Aloha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home