Saturday, May 08, 2004

16:31 now, hot late Spring afternoon in our southeastern Georgia. The four of us are relaxing in the parlour, listening to selections from Sampson and Delilah. I'm still not fully awake, having taken a nap, one I felt I fully deserved, as I'd woken up early this morning, after six hours of sleep, since I returned late from working the evening shift dispatching for the police department; after a power breakfast, I fast-walked a half-mile to the rally point for the Sweet Onion races. I ran both the mile and the 5 km. (3.1 mile). Won 2nd place in the latter, something I wouldn't mention, except that during my post-Iraq funks, I'd let my work-outs become endangered species.

Annie Franck is laughing without cease at something she and her brother have experienced during play. They had cooled off in the inflatable mini-pool during the time I was slowly waking up, as I drank ice water and read from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home