Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Sunny mid-morning, here on our little asphalt road which connects an elegant avenue with a busy highway and commercial route which lies straight pretty much north-south, threading our small town like another pearl, to join with the I-95 seaward, and the South Carolina state line and Savannah River north and inland.

Wilma found my Introduction to Islam, with its reference to Hitti's History of the Arabs, from which we begin to trace the allegation that Arab has over one thousand words for camel. I'll have to get that book. Has any of our readers read Hitti's book, or any authority which can substantiate that statement?

I've sent an electronic message to one of the linguists with whom I've made acquaintance in the last few years. Am waiting for a response.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home