Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Now, as so very often, I feel there's too much to do, and not enough time in which to do the things I'd really like to do. On my plate:
2 resumes,
letter to one contract which hasn't paid for work I did,
application to college,
and I haven't gone running since last Friday!

One of the Internet super-sites, those which provide free mail service (actually, in exchange for you getting and passing along loads of advertising) sent me, among their "picks" a reference to an MIT site exhibiting little known art showing the visit of Commodore Perry to Japan in 1853-54. "On 18 July 1953, residents of Uraga on the outskirts of Edo, the sprawling capital of feudal Japan, saw 4 foreign warships enter their harbor under a cloud of black smoke."

The exhibit is directed by professors John W. Dowe and Shigeru Miyagawa.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home