Sunday, March 28, 2004

I'm trying to write a letter to the Governor of the State of Georgia. While this may seem like an easy task, tonight I'm finding it a bit challenging. First, when I finally got settled to the table, with my writing materials, proper stationery, and the light turned on, it turned out that the ink wouldn't take on the thin rice paper. Then, my daughter importuned me to help her do some crafts. (I can't resist--when does she ever ask me to help her do crafts? And later this year, I'll leave her and the family to go out of country, not to return in G-d knows when).
Finally, I get settled with another kind of stationery. Let's see if this works. I would like the Governor to see that the land swap that Fish and Game is offering to the Georgia Ports Authority gets all the encouragement and authorization that he can give. The goal here is to protect Mulberry Grove from development, since there are a few very important ecosystems, a variety of fauna and flora, and some valuable historical sites, including the estate on which lived Eli Whitney, the inventor of the cotton gin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home