Sunday, February 22, 2004

Time now, 13:50. Just posted the bit about taking a walk in our charming, sunny Southern town. Well, we did get the doughnuts, for later, at the house. We did stop at the "restaurant with the big S," which is a chain, sells healthier food than almost all the fast food "joints," and we enjoyed a good repast, with our lassie, our laddie, the good wife, and yours truly.

So I'm back, didn't even take more'n a bit o' doughnut, maybe 'cause I had enjoyed a good "bocadillo" as one might call a sandwich in Spanish, if one doesn't want to impurify the Castillian with anglicisms. Yes, I know I'm pushing, struggling against the tide of fashion and historical etymological forces, but I will persevere in being conservative, even reactionary, when it comes to the language of my mother and her ancestors.

Since I bought a couple of little sacks of these chips yesterday on the road to X_________ down toward the Okefenokee, after eating some of the fattie snacks with Annie-Franck, I looked at the back of the package, and lo! and behold: Bible verses and a story on chips.

Since no one is paying me to advertise or promote any product now, I'll not mention the brand or manufacturer, but some of you may have seen them already. There's a folksy story by some character, real or fictional, I don't know. ( I may research this, but if you already know, be kind enough to give me a clue). Then there are some Bible references and passages, e.g:

_______Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I but Christ liveth in me: and the Life which I now live in the Flesh, I ________live by the Faith of the Son of God, who Loved me, and gave Himself for me.

_______John 3:16 For God so loved the World, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him
_______should not perish, but have Everlasting Life.

_______John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.


What key I hit, that just diminished the size of this font, I don't know, but let's see how it looks. I was trying to hit the dash key to put some indent in the words above. I know there's probably an HTML code or something that I can put, but I'm still very new and unskilled at this.
I've got to get busy; have some new educational software to persue and test-run for my ESL and Civics class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home