Thursday, February 26, 2004

Time now, 05:33 EST Dark still, cold, just heard the sound of heavy rain. The furnace just came on. I've got to go over to the green aluminum sided rectangular building to go over the class sign-in sheets and quickly file hand receipts for new books I distributed.
I opened our new Smithsonian yesterday and scanned most of it last night, stopping at an article on the endangered Barbary macaque, Macaca sylvanus, of Morocco. Photographer Enrico Ferorelli provides excellent photos to senior editor John F. Ross' story, Monkey in the Middle.

Outside, I can hear and even feel with my feet on the planking of the floor, the rumbling of the motor and vibration of the mass of a couple 18 wheeler tractor and trailer trucks moving north on our little asphalt ribbon of a highway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home